What I have learnt so far...
The last few weeks in Germany have been very eventful... here are some of the life lessons I will take from my time here;
1. Germans can drink.. and they will drink nearly everything from normal beer, applewine, melon wine and some weird sort of drink you shoot after dinner
2. I am not a very good barman in Germany - Attempting to work behind the bar sounds easy, until I realised my patchy German consists of about 6 words.
3. Read Signs - After failing to read a sign (it was labelled Death Walk), the next three hours in our trek across the mountain become possibly the scariest three hours of my life. Germans are that big into safety over here, so traversing across some rocks, two hundred metres about the road with no support is apparently a leisurely Sunday walk.
4. Autobahns are fast. Very Fast. Driving at 170km here is considered slow and you must stay in the slow person lane.
5. Queues are only a guide. Their road system is amazing, trains are brilliant... but I am not sure they have discovered the old school art of lining up yet.
On the food front, have been exploring various cuisines such as wild bore, snails, steak tartare and possibly the best calzone I have ever had!